has spent every available moment playing golf or studying the greats since the 60s, in between world tours as a classical musician, Harvard studies in Government or as the author of a dozen novels. Nicklaus and Snead may be the statistical greats, but Skipworth is a life-long devotee of Gary Player, and considers meeting the South African at the Jeld-Wen to be an unforgettable milestone. His driving passion in golf these days is to raise viewer interest in the LPGA.
- Golf Articles
- Golf Equipment Notes
- Golf Fitness
- Golf Games
- Golf Offseason Tips
- Golf Tips
- Golf Tournaments
- Golf Travel
- Pro Golf
- Women's College Golf
- Chase Seiffert ‘excited’ for return to action at Rocket Mortgage ClassicIt has been three months since Chase Seiffert last played a PGA Tour event thanks to the suspension of play in March because of the (...)
- Photos: Bubba Watson, Harold Varner III, Jason Day and Wesley Bryan in 9-hole challengeBubba Watson and Harold Varner III teamed up to beat Jason Day and Wesley Bryan, 3-up, in a nine-hole charity exhibition at Detroit Golf (...)
- Bubba Watson, Harold Varner III win Rocket Mortgage Classic exhibition, raise nearly $1 millionIf you combine a good cause with good friends in good spirits playing some pretty good golf, you get exactly what you got Wednesday: A good (...)
- Rocket Mortgage Classic exhibition tops $1MBubba Watson and Harold Varner III beat Jason Day and Wesley Bryan in a nine-hole exhibition match at The Rocket Mortgage Classic Wednesday that helped raise over $1 million for Changing the Course, the event's charity initiative.
- Family tests negative; Simpson ready to playAfter withdrawing from the Travelers Championship as a precaution, a recharged Webb Simpson is ready for the Rocket Mortgage Classic, and he said he believes golfers are taking protocols and safety measures more seriously now.
- USGA uses rankings, earnings for Women's OpenThe USGA is leaning more on the world ranking for pros and amateurs, along with current money lists on American tours, to create a U.S. Women's Open field that will not have qualifying because of the coronavirus pandemic.